Friday 2 March 2012

Hank the Shark

Here is a video of a song that has been made into a children's book - Hank the Wrestling Shark. The author is a friend of mine - Gerry Paul - he is a musician who has travelled around the world for the past twelve years playing in several bands including Grada and Two Oceans Trio.

A very accomplished musician - this is his first time writing a book.

You cant see the book as yet - it isnt released until our own book week. However, we can listen to this song and we will have the book in later in the term. Hopefully Gerry might come in to talk to us as well to explain how he came to write this book.

Books can come in all shapes and sizes, for all ages and interests - Lets see if kakapo kids can list all of their favourite books in the comments section of this post....

Happy pre book week weekend....


18 comments:

  1. My favourite kids book has got to be 'The Big Block of Chocolate.' But my favourite author at the moment would be Geronimo Stilton.

    Christian Risati;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite books are Captain Underpants, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter....Chanel Perez

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favourite books are duffy books
    Lui Ioane

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 3 favourite series are:Harry Potter,Skulldugery Pleasnt and Alex Rider.

    DOM.B

    ReplyDelete
  5. my kids favourite book would be the 'Greedy Cat' books my favourite book is 'The Baby Sitters Club'

    Justine Taito-M :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. my favourite books are captian underpants and Geronimo stiltion.

    ANTONY LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite books are the whole Horrible Histories series



    LUKE

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite book is The Promised One.

    ELLA

    ReplyDelete
  9. my most favourite book carocter is Anne of Green Gables.
    by sarah avery

    ReplyDelete
  10. I dont have a fav book I just like an author called michael morpurgo


    Kieran

    ReplyDelete
  11. my favorite book is called the hunger games
    - emi aaifou - aloisio.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favourite books are the Harry Potter series.

    ReplyDelete
  13. my favourite book is rugby books
    Daniel Carter(Hakalia)

    ReplyDelete
  14. favourite book would have to be Lola Rose by Jacquline Wilson.


    JOAN.P

    ReplyDelete
  15. i dont have a favourite book i only have a favourite athour Jacquline Wilson

    caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite book is The magic finger by Roald Dahl!!



    Paris!:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. My fav books are all from an author called Jacqueline Wilson. Some of the books are Hetty Feather,Sapphire Battersea, Candyfloss and lots more:)

    -Maia

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favourite books at the moment are the 'Ingo Series' by Helen Dunmore.

    They are about a girl who is half mermaid and half human.

    From Shaunagh (Live from Chch)

    ReplyDelete